The CarbonWise project makes companies aware of their carbon footprint and parameters it consists of, finds ways to decrease it and builds up a competitive advantage based on a carbon wise strategy. This project enhances companies to re-examine their product and service development considering possibilities offered by circular economy and climate challenge based wise activities. Being carbon wise refers to implementing company activities having the least possible negative environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and organization level activities.
Targets of the project
- to enable companies to understand, monitor and analyse their carbon footprint parameters in order to minimize the carbon footprint.
- to provide means and tools for minimizing the carbon footprint as well as ways to implement compensation and carbon handprint activities.
- to encourage companies to aim at having a competitive advantage based on carbon wise brand design strategy.
- to encourage and urge forward carbon neutrality in municipal level organizations starting with the selected pilot sites. In Oulu, piloting of carbon wise actions take place at BusinessAsema.
- to promote regional level corporate responsibility, to enable innovative solutions, trials and pilots.
- to demonstrate ways to reduce the carbon footprint of cities and to make actions transparent having a positive impact also in everyday life of city inhabitants.
Project period: 1.4.2020 - 31.12.2021
Carbonwise, 6Aika #CarbonWise
Project Manager, Oulu
+358 50 3023196
Project Manager, Turku
+358 40 355 0827
Project Manager, Espoo
+358 43 827 3271