Tapahtumat ja valmennukset
BusinessOulun kalenterista löydät yrityksille ja niiden työntekijöille suunnattuja tapahtumia ja valmennuksia, jotka ovat usein maksuttomia tai vähintäänkin edullisia. Jos haluat järjestämäsi tapahtuman kalenteriimme, ota yhteyttä meihin. Tilaa BusinessOulun uutiskirje, jotta pysyt paremmin kuulolla tulevista tapahtumista ja valmennuksista.
Share your story!
- Alkaa: 16.11.2017
- Päättyy: 17.11.2017
PR and Communications Workshop for game and technology companies
Time: 16th – 17th November 2017 from 9.00 to 12.00
Venue: Oulu Game Campus, auditorium, Rantakatu 3
Specialist: Merja Turpeinen, SagaSocial Oy
Please register before November 14th at: https://www.lyyti.in/shareyourstory
The event is free of charge
The role of communications and PR is much more important and strategic than just concentrating on product launches - communications should support a company’s business plan and take the business forward with various ways. When done systematically based on a created communications plan, the company story lives and develops online.
An openly communicating company is much more appealing than one that is silent, to all its stakeholders: from potential to current employees to investors, partners and clients. When a company communicates patiently on a longer term, communications and building a company profile are powerful ways to help take the business to a wanted direction.
The lectures on October 16th and 17th will demonstrate the role of communications and PR to a business, and share examples to different cases and scenarios.
The lecturer Merja Turpeinen is an experienced communicator: she has been tightly involved in building a corporate communications strategy when she worked as the Communications Director for Sulake, the developer of Habbo Hotel. For the past four years she has been consulting and helping companies take their businesses forward via her PR & communications agency SagaSocial.
The role of PR & communications to a business
Date: November 16th from 9.00 to 12.00
With clear examples and illustrations we’ll go through
- what communications and PR means and how earned coverage (journalist articles) differs from paid coverage (paid ads, user acquisition)
- What companies can achieve with clear PR & communications activities
- Building a communications plan
- Content marketing – building a content calendar and a specialist profile online
- Why it is important to have a story and clear and consistent messages
Why companies should communicate actively and Launching a game – what it takes
Date: November 17th from 9.00 to 12.00
- Role of media and company stakeholders - media/journalist is not your target group
- Building media relations
- Launching a game when you have an existing profile/when you don’t have one
- Examples of other interesting topics
- Building and controlling a company image (crisis communications example)
Meetings with the studios
In addition you can reserve a 30 minute meeting with our specialist Merja Turpeinen. When coming to the meeting, please think before hand
- Strategy: what your company is briefly, what does it aim to be?
- Does your company have a story? How does it differ from several other company stories?
- How your product is unique compared to others in the market?
- Where do you want your company to head towards in the future? Where and what will it be in 3 years time?