As the scope and application of the Internet of Things continues to grow, so too has the diversity and innovation of the entries into the IOT INNOVATION WORLD CUP. In its fifth consecutive year, the 2016/17 season has seen solutions from over 70 countries with applications from smart frying pans that monitor nutritional information as you cook, to cyber security and device management automation solutions. The international judging panel of industry experts had a tough time selecting only 28 finalists from the pool of over 400 highly innovative solutions! We are proud to introduce you to our top four finalists in each category.
Listed in alphabetical order, here are the 2017 IoT Innovators of the Year:
- City-Wide Audience Analytics by Idezo Gmbh
- IoT Autonomous Water Meter by Flatbox, S.A
- IoTool - a multi-awards winning smartphone and Raspberry PI gateway / API /Cloud by SenLab
- SmartyPark by SmartiLab EMSI
- AKOLYT by Drust
- Connected Car Platform by AT&T
- Immotor GO by Immotor, LLC
- VOYO by Voyomotive, LLC
Transport & Logistics & Surveillance:
- Inshoerance by Inshoerance GmbH
- modum - Rethinking Pharma Supply Chain by modum.io AG
- The impact of geolocation in the Internet of Things by Semtech Corporation
- Tunnll by Tunnll
- IoT Technology Communication Platform by Microtronics Engineering GmbH
- Real-time localization and motion sensing by Kinexon Industries GmbH
- SyncShield IoT Device Manager by Capricode
- TOSIBOX by Tosibox Oy
Smart Building & Home Automation powered by B/S/H/:
- Apple HomeKit on low-cost Hardware by Oberon microsystems, Inc.
- Flicktek by Flicktek Ltd
- Hearo by Reponcity
- SmartyPans by SmartyPans Inc.
- Advanced Respiratory and Body Function Monitoring by Health Care Originals, Inc.
- Headbander by Techsource Europe / ULOCS
- MedLogiq by MedLogiq
- Priya, the World's Most Precise, Accurate, Convenient and Fun Fertility Sensor by Prima-Temp, Inc
Special Security Award:
- CardioWheel – Safe and Secure Driving by CardioID Technologies
- Fing by Domotz
- TOSIBOX by Tosibox Oy
- VOYO by Voyomotive
The pitch and award ceremony will be hosted by ACCIO, the official INNOVATION WORLD CUP partner in Spain and will take place at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on March 1st. The Innovation World Cup finalists will present their solutions live to an audience of industry experts, media and representatives from the INNOVATION WORLD CUP partners: Telit, STMicroelectronics, Gemalto, VARTA Microbattery, Cicor, B/S/H and EBV Elektronik. For more information about the award ceremony please visit:
About the IOT INNOVATION WORLD CUP
The IOT INNOVATION WORLD CUP is the leading IOT award worldwide. Hundreds of contestants from over 70 countries demonstrate the huge innovation potential in the world of machine-to-machine communication and the Internet of Things. The leading global innovation competition welcomes revolutionary IoT solutions in the categories of Smart City, Automotive, Transport & Logistics & Surveillance, Industrial, Smart Building & Home Automation, Healthcare and a special award in Security. An international panel of industry experts selects the most innovative products according to criteria such as: the level of innovation, marketability, and usability of the solution. Participation is free of charge. For further information please visit www.innovationworldcup.com/iot-m2m/.
The IOT / M2M INNOVATION WORLD CUP is sponsored by Telit Wireless Solutions as co-initator, as well as BSH (Bosch Group), Gemalto, and VARTA Microbattery. Further partners include Kickstarter, GTEC, Werk1, m2m forum, m2m Alliance, MEDICA, Continua Health Alliance, WT Wearable Technologies AG, Engerati, M2M World News, Paris Region Entreprises, ACCIO, Business Oulu, Polar Bear Pitching, Technoport, Takomo, TAITRA, Team Cote D’Azur, Com4Innov, Innovative City, CSEM, AlpICT, IT2Industry, Government of Canada, THINGS Stockholm, Disruptive Week Milan, Medical Valley, and Hong Kong Science and Technology Park.
Innovation World Cup Contact