The City of Sendai (official friendship city of Oulu since 2005) from Japan cooperating with BusinessOulu will offer the briefing session in Oulu for business mission “Innovation Challenge – Safe and Sound” to Sendai.
Sendai has faced disasters like earthquakes before, and is committed to becoming a disaster-proof city in the future. They are now looking for better ways to inform people who are entering a disaster risk area and help evacuate them in case of disaster. The City of Sendai together with Business Finland and Industryhack are launching an Innovation Challenge to find these new solutions for disaster prevention and critical communications, providing Finnish companies a chance to find business opportunities in Japan.
The Challenge is organized as part of JETRO’s (Japan External Trade Organization) invitation program, in which selected Finnish companies are invited to visit Sendai, Japan for a week in November (wk46) and take part in business match-making events in addition to joining the Innovation Challenge Camp.
Application entry of Innovation Challenge will open after 27 Aug evening.
If you are interested in Innovation Challenge and you want to know details and hear directly from Sendai people before making a decision for entry, please register the briefing session in Oulu from the below link!!
Registration link of the briefing session: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/briefingforbusinessmission
(Note) No deadline, but depending on further situation, we may close this link.
Schedule: 28 Aug 2019 (Wed) at 14:00-15:15
Venue: Tellus stage, Tellus Innovation Arena, University of Oulu (Linnanmaa campus)
- Any kinds of industrial sectors are welcome, but ICT related companies might be suitable.
- Company must be located in Finland.
13:45 Registration open (coffee & tea served)
14:00 Open the briefing
- Introduction of Japan business environment by JETRO (5min)
- Introduction of City of Sendai and Open Innovation Program by City of Sendai
15:00 Small networking
15:15 End of the briefing
<Some benefits to a company>
For the selected company of the Innovation Challenge;
- Enable to get the opportunity to participate in Innovation Challenge Camp (Hackathon), Business Match-making event and World Bosai Forum.
- Japan side covers your international flight cost (round trip between Helsinki and Tokyo/Narita), domestic transportation cost in Japan (round train ticket between Narita and Sendai in Japan), and accommodation cost in Sendai (max 2 people per one company).
- If your idea of Innovation Challenge Camp sees business potential, your company can get further supports after your visit to Sendai.
Contact for the briefing session
Takako Uchida, Coordinator, International Affairs, Japan, BusinessOulu